Sunday, December 16, 2007

Ramdom thoughts Sunday

The Diva got her first ribbon for a show yesterday. It was a combination school/show and there were no placements, just participation ribbons. But still, she had to make it through the jump course cleanly to get a ribbon, and she did it! It has become an ornament on the tree - front and
center!

I stopped in at Walmart yesterday. I'm looking for a cheap tea kettle. The place was mobbed. I strolled through, nonchalantly, smug in my knowledge that not only am I done with shopping, I am done with wrapping. Yay, me! (Anyone who wants to can call me a bitch now).

We are in the middle of another snow storm.

The Year Without a Santa Clause is on again. Go Heat Misers!

I am on my second Bloody Mary. Yum.

My son says I am the best mom in the world because I made some of his favorite foods today. French toast, bruschetta, and corn chowder. Not all at once.

Christmas, children, is not a date. It is a state of mind. ~Mary Ellen Chase

1 comment:

Moooooog35 said...

It's amazing what kids claim you as "best" for.

My four year old son called me the best dad the other day because I helped arrange his 50 plastic frogs in army formation on the coffee table.

Not sure how many plastic bugs we're expecting to see in there...but when they come, I think we're covered.