Thursday, December 06, 2007

The Postman sleeps

Last night, as almost every night, I read for a bit before bed. P-Man will sometimes roll over and go to sleep even though I'm still reading. Last night I looked over at him sleeping and felt an overwhelming sense of love and security that made my eyes well up just a bit. He lays on one side with his arm outstretched and he holds on to one of the wrought iron scrolls on our headboard. Every night, that's the position he falls asleep in.

I need to remember those moments when I am speaking and he has no idea I am talking, much less to him.

Sort of like how a mother looks in on her sleeping child, looking so angelic, after being a complete monster all day long.

When love is not madness, it is not love. ~Pedro Calderon de la Barca

No comments: