Sunday, December 30, 2007

A day in the life

There was a pile of leftover Christmas gifts on a small table. I decided to take care of them - throw out the boxes and trash, and put away whatever items were left, including a thermometer that needed it's batteries activated.

I took the thermometer in to the kitchen and set it on the counter. I went to the bottom "junk" drawer to find the little tiny screwdrivers. Asked P-Man if he knew where they were. While he was thinking, I decided to empty the junk drawer to see if I could find them. Once the drawer was empty I decided to throw away the "real" junk and organize the rest of it. Then I had to do the other drawers - which included the silverware and cooking utensil drawers - which entailed filling and running the dishwasher.

Then P-Man located the screwdrivers (in a completely different cabinet) and we proceeded to activate and hang the thermometer.

2 hours after starting the process.

And I wonder why I don't get more accomplished every day.

Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned. ~Peter Marshall

No comments: