Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Sailboats and broken hearts

I had a dream last night that the postman had a beautiful sailboat that he never told me about because he had spent a good deal of time on it with his former wife and wanted to keep those memories private.

Hm.

I don't like dreams that put me in a bad mood right upon waking. I know how ridiculous that is.

I know why I had the dream...or at least partly why. I have a dear friend who is having her heart broken. For privacy, I won't reveal too many details. She told me yesterday that she is involved in a relationship that most likely will not work and they are at the point where they are realizing that unlikelihood. Still, even with that rational realization, her heart breaks for what might have been. My heart broke for her as she told me.

The one good thing that may come from this is that she will realize just how beautiful she is - inside and out (what a cliche!) and that there is someone who fits perfectly.

Love is like a puzzle. When you're in love, all the pieces fit but when your heart gets broken, it takes a while to get everything back together. ~Author Unknown

No comments: