Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Decorating

Decorating begins today. I have put a few things out here and there...but today I am venturing out to put the lights and garland on the deck and the wreaths on the doors. This weekend I will put up the tree so the kids can decorate it.

I am in a pretty big funk. I generally love this time of year. I love giving, I love being charitable, I love the lights and the glitter and the feeling of togetherness. But something isn't quite right this year and I don't know what it is. Something feels "off".

I am bothered by the fact that I am bothered. I have my health as do my children and the postman. We have a nice home, we have what we need and a lot of what we want. Maybe it's the feeling of dread and doom...when things are going well we start to wonder when it will end. I'm not sure that it is....like I've said, I can't place my finger on what it is. I hope I snap out of it soon so I can enjoy the season.

I love Christmas and I really got in to the spirit of it - early on in the year usually. Maybe June, July, perhaps May or April, I would begin to talk about what we would do on Christmas. ~ Zooey Deschanel

No comments: