Thursday, February 07, 2008

My friends rock

I am not good at keeping in touch. I want to be better at it, and I have no excuse for not being better at it but the fact still remains that I'm not good at communicationg with friends. Yet, when I need them , for whatever reason, there they are. This is the text that went on the other day with a friend I haven't spoken to in probably 10 months.

Me: Hey...did we ever eat @ Kelly's diner in Somerville with Tamara? Weird ? I know - humor me.

Her: Um...likely, yes. I think you mean Tamarleigh.

Yeah...so I got her friends name wrong, but the point is that at 11:00PM when I absolutely had to know if we ate at that particular diner (that's the OCD shining through), she answered like we had just gotten off the phone a few minutes before. It's nice to have friends like that...friends that understand and accept.

You can always tell a real friend: when you've made a fool of yourself he doesn't feel you've done a permanent job. ~Laurence J. Peter

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wait--who the heck is this? :-)
Tamarleigh, who is really trying to remember all the people she's eaten at Kelly's with.