Thursday, February 14, 2008

Can you hear me now?

The Postman helped me set up my new Bluetooth headset for my cell phone yesterday. (Let's be clear - I could have done it...the box came from UPS and I set it on my desk because I had too much going on and just didn't feel like opneing it and dealing with ir right then. But, there was a NEW ELECTRONIC TOY in the house and he couldn't help himself....)

Here is our conversation:

Him: I got it all set up. Let's try it out. (He calls my cell as I tuck the thing behind my ear)
Him: Can you hear me? (after I answer the phone but don't say anything)
Me: You're standing two feet away from me.
Him: (HUGE eyeroll as he walks through the house away from me) Can you hear me now? (he asks from our bathroom.)
Me: Yup. Thanks. (click the phone off)

Um, seriously? Why did I get the eyeroll? I'm not the moron that called from two feet away.

So, ironically....Happy Valentine's Day!

When love is not madness, it is not love. ~Pedro Calderon de la Barca

2 comments:

tripleZmom said...

My husband would have done the exact same thing.

tekfan33 said...

They are funny, aren't they?