Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Balance

I have been reading on quite a few blogs about the concept of choosing a word to focus on through the year.

Although I am a couple of days late posting this, I have decided on my word.

BALANCE

I want to achieve balance in many areas of my life, but mostly between work and home life.


Working from home actually makes this hard. The line between work and home is quite often blurred. Sometimes too much time is spent working just because "I can". It is not the same as leaving the office at 4:00PM with your work left on your desk to welcome you the next morning. My work is all right here, accessible at any time - day or night.


Internal balance as well. Working to become more centered and balanced is important to me.


So, BALANCE it is.


Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right. ~Oprah Winfrey

1 comment:

Wendy and Karen said...

Hi there and thanks for your recent comment on my blog. You had asked how I create my scrapbook pages and I wanted to send you a reply (couldn't find your email address).

I use the software Adobe Photoshop to do my digital scrapbooking. Although Photoshop Elements works just as well! I do the pages on my computer and then upload them to Flickr to share with you.

I have the pages printed at my nearby Costco store and then put them in page protectors in a scrapbooking album here at home.

If you are just getting started with digital scrapbooking, I heartily recommend taking Jessica Sprague's "Up and Running class" You can find her website at: http://jessicasprague.com/.

I plan to take her next class "Now we're Running" when it is offered this year.

My favorite website for digital papers so far has been Jen Wilson designs. I think her work is beautiful.
http://www.jenwilsondesigns.com/shop/

I also like Katie Pertiet’s embellishments and stamps. You can find her at:
http://www.designerdigitals.com

Here are a few more favorite digital scrapbooking websites.
Designerdigitals.com
Scrapartist.com
Scrapbookgraphics.com
Scrapgirls.com
Sweetshoppedesigns.com

This is probably far more information than what you wanted but I find digital scrapbooking so fun--just want to share the love!

I have to warn you though. Shopping for digital supplies can be incredibly addictive!

Thanks again for your comments. They mean more to me than you know!

Take care,
Wendy