Thursday, April 17, 2008

I'm not afraid to go BACK to prison*

It has been unseasonably warm here the past couple of days. In fact, my daughter's school lifted the "no shorts until after April vacation" ban. They are being allowed to wear shorts tomorrow. The Diva announced this to me immediately upon getting into the car this afternoon and quickly followed up with "I need to shave my legs. They are disgusting."

The Diva is 12. I have discouraged her from shaving for as long as I could. I mean, let's face it ladies. We all know what a pain it really is and the newness wears off quickly. I knew I wasn't going to discourage her for one more summer though.

This evening it was time for the big lesson. I told The Postman we were stealing borrowing his shaving cream. I rarely use it (and steal borrow his when I need it) so I don't have any.

Him: Why don't you just show her how to use the electric razor?

Me: Because it doesn't work as well. It doesn't leave the skin as smooth.

Him: What does it matter? NO ONE is going to be touching her legs.

Me: How very "stepfather with a shotgun" of you.

Sometimes the smallest, silliest things remind me why I love that man so much.

The troubles of adolescence eventually all go away - it's just like a really long, bad cold. ~Dawn Ruelas

* 5 points to whoever knows who said that!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Hey I am kind of disappointed not seeing your post in this year! start posting!

Medela breast pumps