Thursday, April 03, 2008

So I beat him with the clothes basket

Just yesterday I read about this phenomenon, here. Karly is funny - you'll be glad you clicked on that link.

This evening, right after supper, I took the towels out of the dryer. I folded them and placed them on the washer to put away later because both bathrooms were occupied at the time. Soon after, I saw the Postman walk by with a pile of clothes.

Just a few minutes ago, I went to the laundry room to look for something else and saw my neat pile of folded towels a heap of what used to be perfectly folded, crisp clean towels. In his eagerness to put his clothes in the washer (ALL of them. Not sorted.), he just pushed aside the pile of towels I folded.

Me: Did you seriously just push the towels aside rather than carry them to the bathroom?

Him: They weren't ours, were they?

Me: Seriously?

And for any of you that dare say I should be happy he put his clothes in the washer, I will also beat you with the clothes basket.

My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint. ~Erma Bombeck

3 comments:

Dreamer said...

Oh my gosh. My husband has done that numerous times, and I finally told him to stay out of the laundry room or die. I'll do the laundry. My way, danggit.

Unknown said...

You totally made him re-fold the towels right? Please say that you did.

Thanks for the link! :)

Oh, and I don't sort our clothes before washing. They all go in together. I don't even separate towels from clothes for anything. I like to live dangerously.

tripleZmom said...

All Hubby is allowed to do is put clothes in the laundry room. Otherwise he does things like mix up the clean stuff and the dirty stuff and drive me insane.

I think your reaction was perfectly reasonable.